Pavement Signs | Outdoor Advertising Boards
Pavement signs have long been a 'go-to' way of advertising for a huge range of business types. Since the Coronavirus pandemic, we have seen a sharp increase in the demand for outside advertising boards. Not only are they used to promote in-store offers and sales, but they are also now used to alert customers that you're open for business, remind customers of the social distancing measures and to advise customers how they need to act and navigate your store.
What Are Pavement Signs?
Pavement signs, also known as a-frame signs or forecourt signs, are low-cost outdoor poster display signs typically used by businesses in the retail sector to showcase sales, offers and promotions. They are also used by pubs and restaurants as pub menu signs to display menu choices, and by event organisers to provide directions and contact information.
A pavement sign is an outdoor poster display sign used to promote your business, products, and services. Pavement signs can be used in lots of different locations and are not limited to just shops and retail. They allow you to extend your business and marketing efforts out onto the street placing you directly in front of passing customers.
Benefits of Pavement Signs
- Low Cost: Pavement signs are hugely affordable outdoor advertising tools and are an accessible promotional display for almost every business.
- Fast Delivery: With the vast majority of pavement signs and sandwich boards being dispatched within 2-3 working days, these outdoor displays are a go-to choice for those who need their boards in a rush. We include a range of in-stock pavement signs that can be dispatched in 48 hours.
- Easy Assembly: A-frame and booster signs simply fold out without any tools needed, meaning they’re great for people who don’t have time to construct complex displays. The majority of water base signs do require minimal self-assembly but instructions are included with each one to ensure fast and easy assembly.
- Durable: Built for the great outdoors, pavement signs are designed to be able to withstand windy conditions, rain, UV rays and whatever else nature has to offer. This helps them remain in top condition and prepared for a lifetime of use.
- Versatile Advertising Boards: The beauty of outdoor advertising boards is that they can easily be changed to keep up with new offers and marketing campaigns, making them a versatile and adaptive outdoor display solution. Their versatile design allows for use in a range of locations including on pavements, by roadsides, indoors, on petrol station forecourts, store entrances and exits - there is no restriction on where they can be used.
- Portable Signage: Pavement signs are not permanent or fixed outdoor displays and don't have to stay in just one location. Their portable designs mean they can be moved location quickly and easily. Most of our poster holders can fold flat making them easy to move and store when not in use and others include a wheeled base to aid transportation.
- Wider Reach Of Customers: Outdoor advertising extends your brand outside onto the street allowing you to reach a wider audience. It offers the chance to attract new customers that wouldn't normally approach your business and in turn, increases your footfall.
- Social Distancing Signs: Now more than ever it is necessary to inform and protect both customers and employees. Pavement signs can be used to enforce and remind shoppers of the 1m social distancing rule, to remind people to wash their hands or simply to advise customers of operating restrictions. Displaying this important safety information allows your business to operate safely and within the social distancing guidelines recommended by the government. Placed in and around the shop floor, they act as directional signs providing a safer way of shopping.
What Types of Outdoor Pavement Signs Are There?
A-Frame Pavement Signs
We manufacture a wide range of street signs, with the most popular being A-Frame Boards. Available in three standard sizes – A0, A1 and A2 – our A-Frame sandwich boards are suitable for the majority of commercial outdoor advertising posters. We offer A-Frame boards with the option of two poster prints, enabling you to purchase your entire display with minimal hassle.
A-Frame Signs are double-sided poster displays signs that are delivered fully assembled and can be used immediately upon delivery.
Our ECO-LITE Folding A-Frame Sign Board A1 is held in stock and can be dispatched in 24 hours if supplied without printed posters and 48 hours in supplied with printed posters.
Our A-Frame Board is our best-selling A-sign. The snap open poster frame includes an anti-glare poster cover and is available in three sizes. Posters can be quickly and easily changed whenever a promotion or marketing message changes.
Booster Frame Pavement Signs pavement signs offer the same benefits as A-Frame boards but with a branded header panel. Booster signs are especially popular with independent businesses, schools and cafes because they offer ample space for both a logo and two printed posters.
Water Base Signs
Water Base Signs, also know as Forecourt Signs typically feature water fillable bases and are available in larger sizes. Posters are easily changed with the snap open frames. Designed to be used in open outdoor locations such a petrol station forecourts, car parks and on the roadside, they are more stable are built to withstand adverse weather conditions when weighted down.
The Whirlwind outdoor advertising board is our most popular forecourt sign and is supplied in a choice of two sizes. The weighted base and flexible springs keep the board securely anchored whilst allowing it to move with the wind, resulting in a durable street sign that is suited to more adverse weather conditions.
The TEMPEST Water Base Pavement Sign is held in stock and can be dispatched in 24 hours if supplied without printed posters and 48 hours in supplied with printed posters. This A1 pavement sign is double-sided allowing you to reach people in every direction. It also means you can include two different promotions at once and choose which one you display.
Swing signs typically feature a solid rubber base but we do offer a water-filled swing sign also. Swing and Flex signs are incredibly stable and highly wind-resistant making them ideal for outdoor use. The printed graphic panels on the Swinger signs are attached to hinges that allow the panel to swing and move depending on the wind conditions.
The Swing advertising board is a traditional approach to pavement marketing that features a weighted base and a flexible printed graphic panel. Promotions are printed onto self-adhesive vinyl and attached directly on to the swinging panel.
The Swing Sign Water Base Pavement Sign works slightly different and is supplied with printed posters that sit within the poster pockets. This swinging sign offers greater flexibility for businesses that frequently change their in-store offers.
Flex Signs are constructed in a slightly different way. They feature a wide-set rubber base and an aluminium panel that slots into the base. Flex signs are supplied with self-adhesive printed artwork that is attached directly onto the aluminium panel.
Our best selling panel sign is the SUREFLEX LITE Pavement Sign Board. It is low-cost and is one of our most sturdy outdoor display signs. It's manufactured from recycled PVC and an aircraft-grade aluminium panel. The wedge base provides excellent stability and the aluminium panel flexes with the wind conditions making it perfectly suited for the great outdoors with zero maintenance.
Wooden Chalk Board Signs
Wooden chalkboard signs are a great investment because they offer so much versatility when it comes to changing artwork quickly. These traditional pavement signs are incredibly popular in the hospitality industry and are widely used among pubs, bars, restaurants and eateries.
The SCRIBBLE Wooden Chalkboard A-Frame is our best selling chalk pavement signboard. Delivered fully assembled, this chalkboard sign can be used immediately upon delivery. Simply write your offer or message and place it in the desired location.
If you think your business could benefit from an outdoor advertising board and you would be interested in purchasing one – or if you would like more information on our range of Pavement Signs - you can find out more by contacting us or calling us on 01733 511030.