Pavement signs and advertising boards are a great way to get your business noticed, as they stand out, making your premises appear bigger and attracting the attention of passers-by by being placed in their field of vision. Our chalkboard signs are suitable to be placed outside in the UK all year round (in monitored conditions), meaning your business gets the value come rain or shine.
Why are chalkboard signs so popular?
Chalkboard signs are one of the most popular versions of pavement signs as they offer excellent value for money - after the initial outlay for the sign and liquid chalk pens, you can update and adapt your messaging as often as you like at no additional cost.
What are the types of chalkboard signs?
When it comes to choosing a chalk board for your business, there are a number of different styles to choose from, including:
- A-Frame Chalkboard Signs - these ‘sandwich board’ style pavement signs have a distinctive ‘A’ shape - hence their name. They have chalkboard panels mounted on either side of a wooden or metal frame. They are the most popular style of chalkboard that we sell, thanks to their flexibility. They can be used indoors or outside.
- Wall Mounted Chalkboards - ideal for use as menu boards in coffee shops, wall-mounted flat chalkboard panels are incredibly versatile. These non-reflective, non-magnetic boards have aluminium frames for a sleek, modern finish.
- Flex Chalkboard Sign - Manufactured using a solid PVC base with a unique patented design and a high-pressure laminated chalk surface, flex chalkboard signs move with the wind for an eye-catching display. Ideal for use outside your premises in most weather conditions.
- Replaceable Panel Chalkboard Poster Sign - For a more interchangeable style, choosing a pavement sign with a poster pocket gives you flexible options when it comes to messaging. You can buy chalkboard inserts (made from high strength 500 micron black polypropylene, with a textured surface front and a smooth matt reverse side) to convert any poster sign into a chalkboard sign.
Coffee Shop Chalkboard Sign Ideas
The beauty of a chalkboard sign is that you can design pretty much anything you like, and you can change up your display as often as you like. Some popular ideas to consider for coffee shop chalkboard signs are:
- New Menus - highlight new menu items to encourage customers to try new things. Pictures or cartoon representation of these products tends to work well.
- We Are Open Messages - chalkboard signs can be a great way to welcome people back to your store, particularly if you’ve been closed for a time; or you can use them to display welcoming messages to invite new customers inside.
- Opening Hours Details - it’s simple; let people know when they can come and visit you!
- Promotions - highlight any promotions or sales you have been advertising in-store or on social media, such as 2-4-1 offers or a loyalty program.
- Slogans or Jokes - a smile can make people feel positively towards your business. The better the artwork, the more chance you have of being snapped on social media, which is effectively free advertising, so get creative!
- Artwork - never underestimate the power of making people smile. Think clarity, colour and an eye-catching look offer a great way to entice new customers. Bold writing and short sentences combined with bright and simple imagery make an unbeatable advertising message.
- Social Distancing/Safety Details - it’s something we all wish we didn’t have to think about, but keeping your customers informed about the latest regulations you’ll be enforcing in your store or premises is important.
SUREFLEX® Chalkboard Pavement Sign Board
DELUXE Chalkboard A-Frame Sign
Remember - your outdoor display should focus on attracting the attention of those walking or driving past, so inventive and unusual designs can be extremely effective. Inside, you can be more detail-oriented, ensuring that your customers have all the information they need to make their purchasing decision.
If you can’t find the exact style of chalkboard you’re looking for, our team can help. Reach out to us via our Contact Us page, or call us on 01733 511030.