Pavement signs and advertising boards, in all their forms, are a great way to get your business noticed. Attracting new customers and communicating with your existing ones are both made easier at a relatively low cost outlay by using pavement signs in comparison to purchasing advertising space or running online or social media promotions. Chalkboard pens are particularly good value for money if you have the creativity to draw your own messaging, as after the initial outlay for the sign and liquid chalk pens, you can update and adapt your messaging as often as you like at no additional cost.
The majority of our pavement signs are suitable to be placed outside in the UK all year round (in monitored conditions), meaning your business gets the value come rain or shine. In contrast to wall advertising panels or signs, pavement signs and boards are double-sided, meaning you get twice as much marketing space.
Pavement signs and advertising boards are effective as they stand out from your business; in essence, in order to avoid bumping into your sign, passers-by must look at it, giving you automatic engagement. Most people tend to focus their gaze slightly downwards when walking to avoid tripping or bumping into things, which means that a pavement sign is more likely to be spotted.
You might have had pavement signs for a while, but are you using them to best effect? Maybe they’re not getting noticed as much? If your pavement signs are looking a bit tired and worn, that can affect how your customers see your brand. Investing in a new sign shows that you care about your business, suggesting to customers that you value quality in your products, too.
What is a pavement sign?
Pavement signs are outdoor poster displays that you can use to promote your business, products, and services. They can be set up in a multitude of different locations, including in front of your premises, at the entrances and exits of buildings, car parks, garage forecourts, roadside, sidewalk, and paths. IYoun can also set them up indoors to direct foot traffic around your store or business and advise customers where they need to go.
Pavement signs are available with either permanent printed vinyl graphics, poster pockets, or chalkboard panels, so you can choose the best promotional method for your business.
Types of pavement signs
There are many different styles of pavement signs, including:
- Chalkboard Signs - these have a traditional look and feel and are ideal for hospitality venues, as they can be wiped clean and re-written regularly to reflect changing menus or specials.
- Water-Based Signs - the most sturdy and durable kind of pavement sign, ideal for street retail or forecourts. The base can be filled with sand or water for stability.
- Swing Signs - available with pre-printed vinyl graphic panels or poster pockets, these signs swing in the breeze for a simple yet effective display.
- Flex Signs - similar to Swing Signs, the pre-printed vinyl graphic panels flex back and forth in the wind for a sturdy and durable design.
- A-Frame Boards - shaped like a letter ‘A’, with two display panels that fold out at angles supported by a connecting joint in the middle. Their construction makes them sturdy and stable for use outdoors.
- Flag Banners - these printed flags flutter in the breeze for an eye-catching display, ideal for events, exhibitions and large showrooms.
How much do pavement signs cost?
Pavement signs vary in cost from an extremely affordable £29 to the most expensive in the range at £368. As well as the price variation, you can choose from a wide range of different shapes a styles, as well as different weatherproofing options to ensure you have the right sign for your business.
How can pavement signs add personality to your brand?
You can use your outdoor signs for a variety of different reasons, including:
- Promotions or sales messages - reinforce any promotions or sales you have been advertising in-store or on social media.
- New menus/treatment lists - new menu items whet people’s appetites as they pass by.
- Welcome Back/We Are Open messages - after long periods of lockdown, pavement signs are a great way to welcome people back to your store
- Opening hours details - let people know when they can come and visit you!
- Social distancing details - keep your customers abreast of the latest regulations you’ll be enforcing in your store or premises
- Slogans or jokes - humour always works well; a smile can make people feel positively towards your business. The better the artwork, the more chance you have of being snapped on social media, effectively free advertising!
- Creative artwork (particularly on chalkboards) - clarity, colour and an eye-catching look offer a great way to entice new customers. Think clear writing and short sentences combined with bright and simple imagery for an unbeatable advertising message.
Your display should pique the interest of those walking or driving past. Inventive and unusual designs can be extremely effective, however, sometimes it’s also wise to consider the important information. What do your customers actually want to know, and how can you display this clearly?
SCRIBBLE® Wooden Chalkboard A-Frame
SWINGER Panel Pavement Swing Sign
While almost every Coronavirus restriction has now been disbanded in the UK, it’s important for businesses to engage with their customers in a way that makes them feel safe and secure. Pavement signs are a low-cost way to give your customers critical information about how they can have a safe experience with your business. Whether that’s a beauty salon, retail space or hospitality venue, making sure people know the rules you’re enforcing in your premises (even if they’re not mandatory Government regulations) is the best way to keep your customers and employees happy and safe.
Remember, if you’re planning to set up outdoor advertising boards or pavement signs, you’ll need to be aware of the rules surrounding their installation. Check out our blog Do I Need Planning Permission for Pavement Signs for more information on the subject.
For more information on our Chalkboards or any of our other Pavement Signs, please reach out to our team via our Contact Us page or on 01733 511030.