In today’s modern world where industries are overwhelmed with websites and social media, exhibition visitors no longer necessarily attend events and exhibitions with the intention to make a purchase there and then.
Visitors now attend exhibitions and events to gauge current market trends, conduct research, view new developments and discover new innovations that may have an impact or be of relevance to their business or the industry.
Many visitors will attend exhibitions with no real set objective in terms of purchasing products. This is because in a society where product information and quotes are just a click away if a visitor required a known product, they would have browsed search engines, found a relevant website and asked for a quote or proposal, all without having to visit an exhibition. This is why making an impact on visitors is increasingly important. As an exhibitor and a professional in an industry, you need to provide visitors with a glimpse into how your product or service will benefit them and their business.
Including a thoroughly thought out and pre-planned video will show passing potential customers what your business offers and how it could directly benefit them. before they get put off by a pre-rehearsed sales pitch. The primary benefit of using video marketing at exhibitions and events is to maximise your marketing endeavours and utilise the most valuable asset for exhibitors and visitors alike – time.
Here are the benefits we have come up with of using video at Exhibitions and Trade Shows:
- Using video can explain a product or service that may be difficult to explain face to face
- Product demonstration videos can act as a sales tool or a conversation starter to get visitors onto your stand for more information
- People like to be given a demonstration of products or services in use in a real-life environment
- Video can bring even the smallest stand to life
- Video can keep visitors on your stand for longer and reduce lost opportunities if your sales team are busy with other visitors
- Video marketing can be used time and time again on a wide variety of platforms so is a sustainable expense that isn’t wasted after just one use
Tips for successful exhibition video:
- Make sure you try to keep your videos short yet still informative as people as unlikely to stand for minutes to watch your videos
- Make sure they are engaging – emphasise USP’s with strong visuals
- Match your video design and feel to your stand design and keep your brand image uniform
- Don’t use sound – exhibition halls are very loud and videos with sound can often not be heard or require more concentration from visitors
- Use multiple videos on a loop – visitors will get bored watching a video on repeat, loop various videos to ensure visitors are retained on your stand whilst waiting for a sales representative
How to display video on your stand?
TV – Maximise your pop up exhibition stand by adding an interactive element. Having a monitor on your exhibition stand enables you to show video or link to a laptop to show your website. We offer a pop up monitor bracket and a freestanding monitor stand which can both be incorporated within a stand. We also offer a Mobile TV and Monitor Stand on Wheels which can be placed anywhere on your exhibition stand.
iPad Stands – We offer a range of iPad display stands that are available to suit all budgets and applications. From low cost floor stands to aluminium and acrylic podiums, POS and multiple-user iPad stands.
All iPad exhibition display stands are freestanding with the ability to move between multiple locations. Sturdy steel bases give security and stability and the columns are crafted from lightweight aluminium. We also offer a wall mount iPad stand and a desk mounted iPad holder.
At XL Displays we provide portable display solutions and custom built exhibition stands. Please contact us or call our sales team on 01733 511030 for more information.