Exhibition Stand Graphic Design Tips
When attending an exhibition the look of your stand is so important that it is crucial you give careful consideration to the graphic design of your stand. You only have seconds to grab someone’s attention and make a lasting impression so you need to draw in eyes and engage interest. An exhibition stand needs to be visually appealing with an attention-grabbing, snappy design.
A well-designed stand sends out a message that your business is professional and competent. Graphics bring a stand to life and have a role in communicating your message. Think about the one thing you want people to remember from your stand and base your design around that.
Cleverly designed graphics can also make your stand a talking point at an exhibition and when word gets around more people will visit your stand to see the design and you can then engage them in further conversation.
Here are some tips for great exhibition stand design:
- Know what equipment you are using and create a design to make the most of the space you have available. For example, a design that is perfect for a roller banner will not necessarily translate to be used on a large scale modular stand.
- Less is more – if it takes longer than a glance to decipher what is on your display then key information might be missed. If your design includes lots of information and images then few people will take the time to stay and take it all in.
- Use the top third of the stand for the most important elements of your design. Putting crucial information at the bottom may well get lost or not be seen, especially if your stand has a lot of visitors.
- Keep it simple and use concise, limited text – don’t write too much and make sure any text is large enough to read from a short distance away.
- Use large, high resolution images that are relevant to your brand or marketing message. The old adage ‘a picture paints a thousand words’ is so true in terms of design. Simply using one large, great quality picture can have a high impact. Do not use low resolution images as printed grainy or pixelated pictures look very unprofessional and imply that you don’t care.
- People generally read from left to right and top to bottom so consider this when designing your stand and make sure it flows well from a visitor’s point of view.
- Use colours that fit in with your brand or corporate image and will help you stand out from the crowd.
- Proof read – check spelling, grammar and punctuation. Any mistakes will make you look incompetent.
- Think about what part of your design is at eye level as this is the part of the stand that will be seen first and be seen the most.
- Keep the design comparable to branding and design for other elements of your business. For example, stick to a similar design as your website and promotional literature so that anyone who visits your stand and then goes to your website or collects a leaflet for future reference knows that it is from the same business.
- Consider including contact details, website address or social media icons.
- Add lighting to your stand to enhance the design. Most portable display equipment, such as banner stands and pop up stands, can hold spotlights to illuminate your display.
- Don’t try to be too clever – some designs look amazing but if the concept is too ambiguous, no-one will actually understand what your message or business actually is. Make sure your message is clear.
At XL Displays we are experts in exhibition stand design and portable display equipment. We offer an affordable and professional in-house graphic design service. One of our designers will work with you to create a stand that gives a ‘wow’ factor and fits in with your brand and exhibition needs. If you provide your own artwork our designers will check it thoroughly before printing to ensure the best possible result. Our graphic design services start from just £30 so call us now on 01733 511030 for a quote.
For more information about our graphic design service or any of our products, including pop up stands, roller banners and printed tablecloths, please contact us or call us on 01733 511030.