If you’re going to a trade show you’ve probably already decided on your display stand, laid out your aims and objectives, selected your most qualified employees and practised what you’re going to say to each visitor a hundred times over.
Whilst these are all an important part of prepping for an event, an equally as vital a part is creating a checklist to ensure that every eventuality is accounted for.
We’ve created a list of 10 things you should take to your next trade show to ensure that you’re prepared for whatever the event season throws at you:
- Your exhibition stand – this one is probably the most obvious thing you need to take with you to an event, but it’s one that could very easily be missed in the mad rush that comes with setting off to a trade show. Our range of modular exhibition stands, bespoke display stands and portable exhibition stands all pack away neatly into specially designed carry cases. Despite the exhibition stands being large format, the carry bags are relatively compact and so are easy to forget when packing for a trade show.
- Name tags – people buy people and they like to know who they’re talking to. By ensuring that every member of staff has a name tag so that visitors can easily identify who they are, you are adding a human element to your brand and making visitors feel like they know who they’re talking to.
- Business cards – this is another obvious point, but it’s another easily forgotten one. Handing out business cards with the name of your brand, your name, your phone number, email address and website address gives people all the information they need to contact you and discuss business in the future.
- Refreshments – there is no easier way to entice people than with free food and drinks. Having a small selection of sweet treats is a sure way to get visitors to come over and have a chat; plus, it means that your staff can have a small nibble to keep morale up when needed too.
- Branded paraphernalia – having small branded articles such as pens or sticky notes ensures that people will recognise your brand in their day to day activities and it’s always a good idea to pack some branded items with you to take to your trade show.
- Power cables – you never know when you’re going to need an extension lead, so make sure you pack one or two just in case. Technology can be a tricky thing and has a habit of failing when you need it the most, so making sure you pack double of what you need is never a bad idea.
- Lighting – most exhibition and event venues are dimly lit and this can make your display stand appear somewhat distorted. Packing LED lights for your pop up stand or LED lights for your fabric display is always a good call. They will illuminate your stand and help you to stand out from the crowd. Shop our range of exhibition stand lighting.
- Testimonials – showing people that you’re a tried and trusted business goes a long way to securing new leads, so showcasing customer testimonials and reviews (either on leaflets, on a screen or in audio from) is a great way to prove to visitors that you’re worth their time.
- Organiser – there’s no point attending a trade show if you’re not going to properly follow up on the leads you generate whilst there. If you’re not going to pay money to hire out a lead capture device at the venue, make sure you pack a diary, notepad or organiser to keep track of the new contacts you make. Alternatively, you go could modernise your tactic and use an iPad or a laptop.
- Brochures – never underestimate the power of paper. Time and again people always come back to scrapping around to find a leaflet or a brochure of a company they’re interested in. Brochure stands are a great way to showcase your services/products and provide yet more contact and call to action details where needed.
At XL Displays we are experts in Exhibition Stand Design and offer a wide range of display equipment, from portable display stands such as Fabric Exhibition Stands, Pop Up Displays Stands, Printed Tablecloths and Pull Up Banners to Exhibition Stands.
We offer a range of hire exhibition stands that are ideal for large format events. They can be completely customised to suit your brand and your marketing message. Exhibition stand hire is a hassle-free solution, making it perfect for brands who want to focus their energy on generating leads rather than their stand. When you invest in a rental display, your dedicated account manager will take care of everything. All you need to do is turn up on the day.
For more information, please see our exhibition stand hire page, or browse our range of Integra® hire kits.
If you have any questions, please contact us or call us on 01733 511030.