Why does outdoor advertising work?
Effective outdoor advertising has three main qualities. It should be:
- Eye-catching & Colourful
- Clear & Concise
Studies have shown that 60% of consumers are believed to respond to outdoor advertising in comparison to its digital counterpart. Passers-by cannot simply ‘switch off’ outdoor advertising as it is fixed in their line of sight (whereas online ads can be closed easily). In addition, outdoor ads play on the concept of familiarity to build a connection; for example, you see the same ad every day on your commute or school run and it becomes part of your daily narrative, making you more likely to feel connected to that brand. Outdoor advertising is also a more affordable, long-term solution in comparison to the ‘click-rate’ of online or digital marketing, which is more nebulous in its proven efficacy.
How can outdoor advertising boost your sales?
The most effective kinds of outdoor advertising use a range of concepts, including colour, humour, seasonal links, human interest, curiosity and emotional engagement to encourage consumers to interact with the brand. Ideally, seeing an outdoor advertisement should trigger a consumer to consider the product or service next time they are in need.
You can use outdoor advertising to boost your sales by hinging on the following tools:
- Brand Awareness - making potential customers aware you exist should be number one on your list of advertising goals. Choose high-traffic areas and bright and colourful branding.
- Direction - put simply, use your advertising to let people know how to find you.
- Information - setting up an advertising display outside your premises is the ideal way to show people you’re open for business.
- Offers - promotions and special offers are a popular marketing tool for a reason. Use your outdoor advertising to draw potential customers’ attention to new or existing offers.
- Safety - since the pandemic, informing customers of how you are keeping them safe helps to encourage them to interact with your business - even now that restrictions have been lifted.
Outdoor advertising is available in a wide range of different styles, so whatever the individual needs of your business, at XL Displays you will find the perfect product for you to showcase your branding or marketing messages to engage the attention of potential customers. As our high streets around the country are waking up again after long months of Covid restrictions, now is the perfect time to invest in outdoor advertising to help bring your business back to full capacity now regulations have been relaxed.
For more information about any of our outdoor advertising products and how to use them, our expert team will be happy to help. Reach out to us through our Contact Us page, or call us on 01733 511030.