5mm Foamex Boards
Custom 5mm Foamex Signs are available in any size you require. 5mm Foamex is a rigid panel that can be used for almost any display purpose, it is more durable for handling than the 3mm Foamex, and is the recommended minimum thickness for outdoor signs and shell scheme graphics.
What size does 5mm Foamex Boards come in?
5mm Foamex is more rigid and less flexible than 3mm Foamex and is easier to handle. Our custom 5mm Foamex can be cut to any size with the maximum size being 2400mm x 1200mm as well as popular poster sizes such as A4, A3, A2, A1 and A0. Add hook and look fastening for quick and easy mounting.
Why choose 5mm Foamex boards?
Foamex is made from PVC foam that’s been compressed into a semi-rigid board. It has many advantages as an advertising display material:
- It’s lightweight and versatile making it ideal for almost any location
- More rigid & durable than 3mm Foamex but more cost-effective than 10mm Foamex
- Strong, durable and impact resistant
- Weatherproof board and UV ink making is highly suitable for outdoors
- UV printing ensures the vibrancy of artwork is fade-resistant
- Foamex signs are affordable and cost-effective
- Better for larger Foamex board sizes
- Manufactured from recyclable, eco-friendly materials
- BS476 Part 7, 1987 Class 1 Fire Rated
- Easy to mount using screws, self-adhesive pads or Velcro tabs
- Suitable for wall-mounting, hanging, framing or screwing to walls
What are Foamex Signs used for?
Thanks to the adaptability of Foamex Signs, you can use them for almost any kind of advertising display. You’ll find them at events, exhibitions, hospitality venues, in retail environments, community centres, churches, schools and even hospitals as information boards, for sale signs, exhibition panels, store displays, event signage, hoardings and point-of-sale signs.
How do I mount Foamex Signs?
Foamex Signs are incredibly easy to mount. Thanks to their lightweight construction, they can be wall-mounted using a hook and look fastening, Velcro dots in each corner or double-sided adhesive tape. For shell scheme graphics you can use either hook and loop, or magnetic tape that enables you to mount each board to the aluminium frame of the shell scheme. If you wish to mount using screws, you can drill small holes in the corners of the Foamex boards. We recommend using chipboard screws with a 3 or 4mm shank diameter for best results. A 20mm margin should be left between each hole and the edge of the Foamex sheet with each hole roughly 500mm apart for larger displays.
Can 5mm Foamex Signs be used outside?
The high-quality UV ink printing process we use means that your board can be safely displayed outside in the elements without fading or running. The PVC Foamex board is incredibly robust and doesn't swell or rot when wet unlike wood can when left outdoors for extended periods of time.
Is 5mm Foamex fire-rated?
The Foamex board has been tested to BS476 Part 7, 1987 Class 1. This test measures how far a flame will travel over a particular surface, and Class 1 means this product has achieved the best possible rating. As a result, you can use this board in any environment you like, private or public. The fire rating certificate is required for many public buildings such as schools, colleges or hospitals.
Can 5mm Foamex Boards be used to clad shell schemes?
Yes, 5mm Foamex is the recommended thickness that we would recommend for cladding shell schemes. They are more durable and sturdy than 3mm Foamex boards and for larger sizes such as shell scheme panels that can typically measure 2340mm x 990mm. 5mm panels are still very lightweight and easy to transport.
How do I supply artwork for my Foamex panels?
If you wish to supply your own print-ready artwork for your Foamex board, you can send this to us via our Artwork Upload page. We offer a free-of-charge artwork checking service for any artwork supplied. Please note, that as our Foamex panels are cut specifically to size, we cannot provide a specific print template, but we require artwork to be the same dimensions as your chosen board, with a 5mm bleed at the edge. If you do not have pre-existing artwork, we do offer an in-house design service.
How is 5mm Foamex delivered?
Our 5mm Foamex panels are shipped via a standard courier service approximately 3-5 after we receive print-ready artwork. Delivery charges may change due to the size of the board, quantity of panels ordered and geographical location of delivery as a dedicated vehicle may be needed. In this instance, we may need to charge additional for the delivery cost. If you would like a delivery quote, please send us a quote request at the checkout stage, or contact us.
Why Buy 5mm Printed Foamex Signs From XL Displays?
- 5mm-thick Foamex board panel (3500gsm)
- Printed using UV stable inks
- Weatherproof, lightweight and durable
- Foamex panel is Class 1 fire rated, BS476 Part 7, 1987
- Suitable for indoor or outdoor use
- Ideal for directional signs, event advertising, point of sale signs, exhibition graphics, advertising displays
- Can be cut to any size you require £35.70 per sqm
- Can be wall mounted, ceiling hung, post mounted or framed
- Foamex panel is recyclable and eco-friendly
- Printed in the UK
- 3mm Foamex and 10mm Foamex also available
For more information on 3mm Foamex please contact us or call us on 01733 511030.
View our Outdoor Signs