If safety is a priority for you when considering a crowd management system, then the Tensabarrier® system should be the choice of queue barriers for you. Whether you’re implementing a queue structure, putting up crowd control barriers to divide up spaces, segmenting off different areas or directing the flow of footfall, the Tensabarrier® system includes a product that will work perfectly.
What makes Tensabarrier® special is the focus on safety incorporated in the design of the products. All of the Tensator® queue barriers include the patented braking system, which classes them among the safest queue products on the market. Using twin brake shoes, the webbing belt end cartridge doesn’t ping back sharply back into place, but instead falls directly to the floor upon release, then retracts slowly back into the stanchion post. In addition to the belt retraction system, Tensabarrier® posts have been designed with a highly stable base which will tilt up to 35° and then return to its original position, rather than fall over.
These safety measures have been incorporated to provide a queue management system that reduces the risk of accidents for safer crowd control.
We sell a range of Tensabarrier® products, including:
- Tensabarrier® Advance Post - a sleek and stylish barrier post designed with accessibility for all types of events.
- Tensa Roller Barrier - uses a patented base with wheels for easy transport making it quick and easy to deploy large-scale queuing systems.
- Tensabarrier® Popular Post - functional and cost-effective for high-traffic areas, includes advanced safety features.
- Tensabarrier® Outdoor Post - durable and rugged but easy to transport for outdoor events and crowd control.
- Tensator® Facility Post - a heavy-duty retractable barrier for outdoor, industrial or commercial use.
- Tensabarrier® Heavy Duty Wall Unit - compact safety barrier that doesn't take up valuable floor space and is ideal for limiting access to areas.
- Tensa Midi Wall Unit - 4.6m retractable webbed tape available in a wide range of colours and case options.
- Tensa Maxi Wall Unit - 7.7m retracting belt barrier ideal for covering longer distances in industrial locations.
- Tensabarrier® Sign Holder - useful post signage for displaying information and offers for queuing customers.
For more information about our range of Tensabarriers® Queue Barriers, or any of our other Crowd Control Barriers, please Contact Us or call our team on 01733 511030.
Why Choose Tensator® Barriers:
- Safest & Most Trusted Barrier Systems
- Designed For Stability & Durability
- Reusable Queue Management Systems
- Modular Designs For Large-Scale Queues
- Indoor And Outdoor Extendable Barriers
- 1000's of Options Available
- Unique Safety Features
- For Long Term Usage
Tensabarriers® Are Ideal For:
- Airports & Transport
- Retail & Shopping Centers
- Health & Safety
- Leisure & Tourism
- Exhibition & Events
- Hospitality & Entertainment
- Sport & Charity
- Industrial & Commercial
Tensabarriers® are a range of retractable queue barriers with unique safety features, including a patented braking system that means the webbing belt falls to the floor upon release before slowly retracting back into the stanchion, rather than pinging instantly back into the cartridge. The bases of the stanchion posts have been designed with an extremely low profile, meaning they are much easier for wheelchairs and prams to roll over without issues; and less likely to cause tripping in the visually impaired. The retractable belts are made from 0.89mm military-grade fabric, making them significantly thicker than other retractable stanchion systems, for durability; the webbing won’t unravel over time.
Tensabarrier® posts and belts are available in a range of colour options. The Tensabarrier® system also has a range of accessories compatible with its queue barriers, such as sign holders to display directions or advertisements.
For more information on our range of Tensabarriers read our latest blog: What is a Tensabarrier?
Tensator is the inventor of the original retractable queuing barrier. Since 1881, the company has been at the forefront of innovation and technology when it comes to queue barrier systems, prioritising safety, durability and practicality. Tensator designed the Tensabarrier® system.
Tensabarriers® are suitable for use in the following sectors:
- Retail - can be used to form till queues as well as queues outside retail spaces to prevent overcrowding or manage limited numbers for social distancing
- Sport - organise fan queue systems with clear directional signage for streamlined crowd management
- Events - ideal for ticket queues, on-site crowd control and to direct the flow of footfall
- Hospitality - streamline the queueing experience at cafes, bars, restaurants, pubs and nightclubs, or section off designated smoking areas
- Leisure & Tourism - designed for crowd management at theme parks, museums, exhibitions, cinemas and other leisure locations
- Construction & Manufacturing - maintain safety protocols on a busy work site or factory
- Healthcare - use the system to provide clear directions for patients in busy facilities
- Education - keep up with the ever-changing needs of managing a student body with a comprehensive system, ideal for implementing one-way footfall areas
- Health & Safety - section off dangerous areas to avoid injuries
- Facilities Management - section off areas where maintenance work is taking place
- Airports - create organised queueing systems for check in, baggage check and passport control
- Transport - implement structured queue systems for ticket purchase and collection
- Finance - streamline a banking experience for modern customers
- Government - organise waiting experiences at public buildings
- Social Distancing - wherever social distancing measures are needed for a structured queue system
Tensabarriers® are equipped with a number of safety features that make them the safest retractable barriers you can buy.
Firstly, they have been designed using the highest quality, durable materials by experts with decades of experience in the market. The post material is typically 1.5mm is thicker than most barrier products in the market which are usually 1.1mm making them more durable, hardwearing and less prone to damage.
Secondly, the retractable barriers have a patented braking system that incorporates twin brake shoes to ensure that the webbing belt falls to the floor when released, before slowly retracting back into the stanchion - rather than pinging quickly back into the cartridge in a manner that could cause injury. Tensabarriers retract 2.5 seconds more slowly than other retractable barriers.
Thirdly, all the belt cassettes have an anti-tamper tape end. This prevents the webbing belt from detaching accidentally from the post when pulled out and connected.
Finally, the Tensabarrier® universal base has been designed with a lower profile, meaning it’s easier for wheelchair users or prams to roll over without causing accidents - and it’s less likely to trip those with visual impairments.
In the context of event queue management systems, a stanchion is the upright bar/post that facilitates the use of retractable belts or braided/velvet ropes. They can be used in conjunction with wall-mounted barrier devices, barricades, and printed signage and are most commonly used for crowd control and engineering people flow and construction site safety.
Tensabarrier® posts have been designed specifically at the optimum height for a retractable queue barrier, based on years of extensive research. At 970mm (38”) tall, the posts are shorter than other retractable barrier products - and deliberately so. They are structured this way to prevent people from going under or over the barriers. Thanks to this lower centre of gravity, the Tensabarrier® is also harder to knock over, and in addition, it is less likely to catch on clothing or bags.
We sell a variety of the best-selling Queueway barrier solutions.
The Queueway Retracting Belt Barrier Pair includes a 2.3m-long 50mm wide webbed belt, which is available in a choice of 4 different colour varieties: black, blue, red and yellow/black chevron. The corresponding posts and bases are constructed from heavy gauge steel and are available in either black or chrome mirror finish.
The Queueway Rope & Post stanchion queue barriers are not retractable, but offer a more luxurious feel to a retractable queue barrier, making them ideal for exhibitions, events and hospitality venues. The velvet ropes link to the two stanchion posts (made from steel with a silver or polished brass effect finish). They are sold separately as the Queueway Rope Barrier Post Pair and Queueway Queue Barrier Ropes.
All Tensator® and Tensabarrier® products are made to order in the UK.
The webbing belts for our Tensabarriers® are available in 10 standard colour options; black, blue, green, grey, red, red/white chevron, yellow, yellow/black chevron, purple and orange.
Tensabarriers® are available in 30 standard colours and finishes including the following printed safety messages:
- Danger Keep Out
- No Entry
- EMERGENCY EXIT
- CAUTION DO NOT ENTER
- Danger Forklift Trucks
- Out of Service
You can view the full offering here: Tensabarrier® And Tensator® Barrier Webbing Options.
However, if you need an alternative colour or a bespoke message, please call our team on 01733 511030 and we will be happy to help.
Tensabarrier® retractable belts are available in either 2.3m or 3.65m webbing lengths. The retractable belts are of the highest quality; made from 0.89mm military grade fabric. This means that they are significantly thicker and more durable than other retractable stanchion belts and less likely to suffer from degradation over time. Thanks to the thickness and quality of the webbing, the thread on the belts will not unravel if cut.
Yes, we can offer custom-printed webbing. You can include a design on the print, or just find a Pantone match for your branding, whichever you prefer. If you would like a logo or branding design, please call us on 01733 511030 so we can discuss your requirements.
We offer 10 standard webbing colours, however, Tensabarriers® are available in 30 standard colours and finishes including the following printed safety messages:
- Danger Keep Out
- No Entry
- EMERGENCY EXIT
- CAUTION DO NOT ENTER
- Danger Forklift Trucks
- Out of Service
You can view the full webbing range here: Tensabarrier® And Tensator® Barrier Webbing Options.
If you buy Tensabarrier® in quantities of 15 or more units, they will be delivered on a pallet to all UK locations.
Please Note: Delivery is to the ground floor only. All protective packaging needs to be disposed of / recycled by the recipient. Our delivery drivers cannot take waste packaging. Pallet deliveries are kerbside delivery only. Unpacking, pallet disposal and moving of barriers cannot be undertaken by our drivers. Please have adequate facilities and staff in place to accept queue barrier deliveries.
All of our Tensabarrier® come with a 1-year manufacturer's warranty. Please read our Terms & Conditions for more information on our return or refund policies.
Established in 2010, XL Displays Ltd is a Sunday Times Fast Track 100 company employing over 50 staff. Quality products and customer service are at the heart of what we do and we would love to prove it to you. You can read our customer reviews on Trustpilot.
If you need help or assistance to confirm specification or delivery or any other information prior to ordering, please call 01733 511030 or contact us.